Private Mailbox Rental Service In La Mesa, CA
Safety, Security & Convenience
Receiving mail and packages at your home or business can be challenging (and potentially risky) for a number of reasons. Here are a few to consider:
- Identity thieves can find a treasure-trove of information about you by stealing letters directly from your home mailbox.
- UPS, FedEx, DHL and the United States Postal Service often leave packages on your porch or doorstep — making it easy for thieves to steal them — package theft like this is one of the fastest-growing crimes in the US.
- How many times have you been waiting for an important letter or package and find out the driver did not deliver it because he needed your signature — but you were at work or out shopping? Remember how tough it is to find that package?
- If you travel, what happens to your mail and packages while you’re gone?
- Do you run a business from your home? A residential address does not always give the best impression to clients.
Mailbox Rental Rates
|| 3 months
|| 6 months
|| 12 months
$ 10.00 one-time setup fee
$ 5.00 mailbox key deposit (refundable)
$ 5.00 additional mailbox key (optional)
Required for Mailbox Rental
- Mailbox application
- Verifiable residental address
- Two types of current ID for each adult
IDs Accepted by the U.S.Postal Service
To complete the USPS Form 1583 authorizing us to receive mail and packages on your behalf, the USPS requires 2 forms of ID.
Valid IDs can be:
- Driver's license
- State issued ID
- Miltary ID
- Employer ID
- Auto or health insurance card
- Auto registration
- Current home/apartment lease
How to get started
Simply bring in your 2 forms of ID (listed above) and we will fill out your mailbox application for you. You sign the forms, pay for the term of service (3 months, 6 months or 1 year) plus deposits, and we give you your key(s). The whole process takes about 10 minutes. Then, you can file a Change of Address with the U.S. Postal Service and start receiving mail at The Box Shop.
Join the 21st Century and rent a private mailbox at The Box Shop. Renting a private mailbox is the most efficient way to receive your mail and packages. Small office and home office business operators have used private mailboxes for decades to help manage their business. Private citizens use them for safety, security, and convenience.
More Reasons to rent a Private Mailbox
- Use a Street Address instead of a residential address or P.O. Box — better for business and personal mail and packages.
- Free package receiving — We accept packages and mail from the Post Office, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and couriers — never miss a delivery again! We’ll sign for it and keep it safe until you can pick it up.
- Free “Mail Check” — Call ahead to see if you have mail — no wasted trips.
- Email & text notification—We can email or text you when that important letter or package is delivered.
- Mail Forwarding — Do you travel and fret about your mail piling up? We can forward it to you overnight, weekly, monthly, or on demand.
- Anonymity & Privacy — Your information is safe with us.
- Permanent Address — Do you move frequently? Tired of your mail “chasing” you? Problem solved.
- Separate your Business from your Personal mail — If you run a business from your home, it’s a good idea to have a separate business address.
- When you rent a private mailbox at The Box Shop you get a “real” street address. It creates a more professional appearance for your business and is easier for customers to find you on line.